View our Complete List of Licensed Roofing Services We Offer
Has your roof sprung a leak? Is your roof aging and due for a replacement? Call your local roofing contractors for the help you need from friendly professionals that you can trust. At Shrum, we provide roofing services to customers in the Waterloo, IL area, including the counties of Madison, Monroe, Randolph, and St. Clair in Illinois and West County and South County in St. Louis County, Missouri. Our family-owned business understands the importance of having a solid roof over your head, and we’re here to provide repair and replacement to keep your home or business dry and warm. Contact us for a free estimate!
Our Roofing Services
Residents of the Waterloo, IL area are well aware that we are the go-to choice for all their roofing requirements. Our expert and amicable team possesses the experience to deliver roofing services at both commercial and residential properties. Moreover, we take pride in offering a comprehensive array of roofing services, guaranteeing that the professional solutions you seek are just a phone call away. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for any of the following services.
- New Construction Roofing
- Roofing Installation
- Roof Repair
- Roof Replacement
- Roof Tear-Outs
- Metal – There are quite a few benefits to metal roofing that include a life expectancy of 20 – 50 years, lightweight construction, ease of installation, fire resistance, reflectivity, and waterproofing. Unfortunately, metal roofing is costly, prone to denting, and may develop several other problems if not installed correctly.
- Architectural – These are sometimes referred to as dimensional shingles or laminate shingles. However, these are not cut into tabs like traditional shingles and are reinforced with additional asphalt that has been laminated to the shingle with an asphalt sealant. This creates additional thickness over traditional asphalt shingles.
- Slate – Slate roofing is desired for its beauty and recognizable texture. Additionally, slate can last over 100 years, which means you may never have to replace your roof again. They’re also fire resistant. The drawbacks of slate roofing include the weight of the material, fragility to impacts from debris, and the overall cost, which is more than asphalt roofing.
- Rubber (EPDM) – Rubber roofs are constructed of eco-friendly materials and prove to be waterproof and reflective of cold and heat. Unfortunately, they may be prone to leaking and damage from falling debris.
- Clay Tile – Clay tile roofing has been in use for a very long time, and it can last over 100 years. Additionally, there are plenty of styles to choose from; it’s low maintenance, energy-efficient, and resistant to damage from rot and insects. The downside to clay roofing is that it can cost 2 – 3 times more than an asphalt roof. Also, due to the materials used, they’re only suitable for roofs with sharp slopes.
When Should you Call our Roofing Experts?
For many homeowners, their roof may not be top of mind in their daily routines. Nevertheless, it’s crucial to proactively identify any damage or trouble spots before they escalate, potentially leading to substantial structural issues in your home. Routine inspections play a vital role in detecting signs of roof damage or typical wear and tear. But what indicators should you be vigilant for? Here are some common signals that may suggest your roof requires the expertise of Shrum Roofing and Construction for professional repair services.
- Shingles that don’t look normal – If you notice shingles that appear darker, dirty, or wet when compared to others around them, this may be a sign that they’re allowing moisture to be trapped behind them, which could lead to severe damage.
- Shingles that show clear damage – Any shingles that are curled, cracked, or even missing should be addressed quickly to prevent the need for a roofing replacement down the line.
- Shingle granules in your gutters – Asphalt and composite shingles shed their granules as they age, which will often end up in your gutters. If you’re noticing a large amount of these, which look like coarse, black sand, it may be time for professional roofing service.
- Leaks – The clearest sign of a roofing issue is a leak. This may not be as dire of a problem as it seems, however, as the culprit could be some loose or damaged flashing, but any leaks you discover should be taken care of by a professional ASAP.
- Stains on interior walls or ceiling – Not all water stains or discoloration to your ceiling or walls is caused by roof damage, but why take the chance? Call in the experts to find out for sure what’s causing this problem.
- Unusual spikes in your energy bill – Can’t figure out why your heating and cooling costs have suddenly skyrocketed? The cause may be leaks in your roof.
To swiftly and expertly address these and other typical roofing problems, reach out to our team of experts today!